Our GROWING company is seeking Production/Assembly Leads. The Lead will coordinate the production line assembly and packaging work for assigned orders. This position is key to the success of each line performing to its highest capacity. A strong attention to detail with the ability to focus on quality are essential! We offer room for growth, excellent benefits, holiday, vacation and sick time!
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
• Follow specifications on provided orders to complete assigned jobs
• Set up line process as directed.
• Create and print applicable labels for assigned job orders.
• Assign tasks to lines workers.
• Train and motivate line workers to facilitate assembly/packaging line work.
• Perform regular inspections of items produced to assure client specifications are met.
• Coordinate all activities on assigned jobs to ensure line meets departmental goals.
• Monitor and communicate line progress to supervisor/manager.
• Ensure ongoing organization and cleanliness of assigned line area.
• Document training, inspections, assignments, time and productivity for assigned lines.
• Comply with and enforce all policies and procedures on assigned line.
• Follow safe-working practices at all times.
• Coordinate additional assembly lines, as needed.
• Set up and operate machinery and equipment, as needed.
• Perform line assembly work, as needed.
• Train new leads, as assigned.
• Other related duties, as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent required and one or more years of general work experience.
• Basic computer data entry and navigation skills,
• Ability to monitor a situation to resolve routine problems,
• Ability to prioritize tasks in changing situations,
• Effective verbal communication skills with a diverse group of individuals,
• Detail-orientation and ability to identify errors,
• Ability to motivate oneself and others to complete tasks,
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment,
• Ability to read and interpret documents, instructions and photos,
• The trait of being reliable to regularly report to work promptly, as scheduled,
• Availability to work some overtime during the workweek and/or on weekends,
• Ability to move frequently about the line area and facility.
• Ability to position oneself to lift, carry or otherwise move objects weighing up to 50 pounds.