We currently are in need of a Technical Maintenance Mechanic to work 1st shift, Monday - Friday 6am-2:30pm. The qualified candidate is responsible for performing diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain all facility equipment. The ability to use a lathe (Bridgeport) would be a plus!
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Provide emergency repairs and mechanical, electrical and hydraulic troubleshooting.
- Diagnose problems, replace worn or damaged parts and make necessary equipment adjustments.
- Install and repair electrical systems and wiring.
- Install and upgrade equipment and rebuild to specifications.
- Construct fixtures and/or jigs to assist production in meeting client needs.
- Perform preventive maintenance of equipment and assist with scheduling.
- Maintain equipment and work areas in a clean and orderly condition.
- Assist with other facility needs, such as plumbing, electrical and general building maintenance.
- Operate a stand-up and sit-down Industrial Lift Truck, Scissor Lift and Pallet Jack.
- Follow safe-working practices and comply with all policies and procedures.
· Basic computer navigation skills with experience using maintenance management software,
· Ability to communicate, interpret and exchange information in person and via telephone and computer,
· Advanced electrical skills, able to determine wire size and type including correct conduit size when installing a new electric line, reading meters and checking fuses,
· General plumbing skills, to include soldering fittings and replacing faucets/drain lines,
· Machining skills, such as drill press, lathe and milling; welding skills also required,
· Ability to define routine and complex problems and resolve them quickly,
· Ability to work well with ever changing priorities and or situations,
· Ability to use variety of power and hand tools (and provide own tools, as applicable),
· Ability to move frequently about the production floor,
· Ability to position oneself to maintain equipment, including under and over machinery, as well as lift, carry or otherwise move objects weighing up to 50 pounds,