The Maintenance Supervisor must have previous Maintenance, Supervisory and Manufacturing experience. They are responsible for performing diversified duties to maintain all facility equipment as well as Supervise assigned maintenance staff.
High school diploma or equivalent and 5 years of production equipment maintenance experience required; completion of a craft apprenticeship or an associate’s degree in mechanical, electrical, or industrial maintenance preferred; at least 2 years of supervising /leading required
Essential Job Duties:
- Manage all equipment maintenance for assigned facilities both directly and through the supervision of maintenance staff.
- Assure equipment reliability to maximize productivity levels to meet departmental goals.
- Coordinate repairs with General Manager and Shift Supervisors to minimize downtime.
- Perform Technical Maintenance Mechanic duties, as needed.
- Manage scheduled and preventive maintenance of all equipment.
- Perform mechanical and electrical troubleshooting.
- Detect faulty equipment operations and collaborate with General Manager to resolve issues.
- Deliver performance feedback, in collaboration with General Manager and Human Resources.
- Comply with and enforce all policies and procedures.
- Follow safe-working practices at all times.
- Operate an Industrial Lift Truck and Pallet Jack.
- Communicate personnel issues to General Manager and Human Resources.
- Conduct/coordinate training of maintenance staff and equipment operators, as needed.
- Monitor inventory of materials and equipment.
- Responsible for training, coaching and leading maintenance team.
- Basic machining skills desirable but not required
- Proven experience as maintenance supervisor or similar role
- Strong technical knowledge of all building systems (electrical, heating etc.)
- Knowledge of health and safety practices and regulations
- Understanding of budgeting and performance management
- Excellent planning and leadership abilities
- An eye for detail
- Computer savvy
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- High school diploma; Degree from a vocational school will be a plus
- Professional Certifications (e.g. CMRP or HVAC certified) are preferred